- Go to PolyCard Services and enter your Cal Poly username and password OR log in to the Cal Poly portal, under the My Apps menu, click PolyCard Services. Then on the left-side menu, click Submit ID Photo.
- This view will display a current ID photo (if applicable) and Photo Requirements.
- Click the Upload Photo button at the bottom of the page to upload your ID photo.
- Press this PolyCard Services link and use your Cal Poly portal credentials to authenticate. Alternatively enter the address: cardcenter.calploy.edu from a mobile browser and press the ID Photo button.
- Review the photo requirements, then press Close at the bottom. The next screen will display your current ID photo (if applicable).
- Press the Upload Photo button at the bottom of the page to take a photo or choose an existing photo.
Photo Image Requirements:
- Color picture with a contrasting background - see sample images below.
- There should be a small space between your head and the top of the image.
- The photo should include your head and part of shoulders - see sample images below.
- You must be looking straight at the camera (no side profiles).
- No hats. Do not wear a head covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- No sunglasses. No red eye or flash reflection on glasses or contact lenses.
- The photo should represent your current look.
- The max image size is 1280 x 960.
Top Cut Off
Not Enough Contrast
- PolyCard Services reserves the right to reject any photo that does not meet these requirements (above).
- Photo submissions are manually reviewed and can take up to three business days to be processed. You will be notified via email once your photo is accepted or rejected.
- A government-issued photo ID is required when obtaining the first PolyCard. Please see the Get Your PolyCard page for details.