PolyCard Services

Information Technology Services

Get a PolyCard

First Student Card

Cal Poly is requiring new students to upload an ID photo for the first printed PolyCard. This will help to improve the incoming student experience at SLO Days sessions and Week of Welcome (WOW).  We will not be taking ID photos for this first ID card.

Pickup PolyCard at Campus Events

  • If you upload an ID photo prior to your SLO Days or Summer Institute session your PolyCard will be provided at check-in.
  • If you upload an ID photo after the mid summer SLO Days program your PolyCard can be available at Quarter + or WOW check-in.
  • Remaining pre-printed PolyCards will be available for pickup at PolyCard Services beginning Fall quarter.

Photo Upload Assistance

Here are some tips if a camera is not readily available:

  • Use a computer set up with a web cam (some Cal Poly library computers have web cams)
  • Find someone with a digital camera and computer
  • Use family member's or friend's smart phone
  • A high school senior picture may be suitable (see Photo Image Requirements)
  • If you still have problems with the upload process please contact the ITS Service Desk at 805-756-7000 for assistance.

Upload your photo now!

Initial Faculty/Staff Card

  • After orientation, come to our PolyCard Services location in building 46 to get your PolyCard.  We will also be available at the New Faculty Orientation events for PolyCard issuance.
  • ASI and CPC employees need to present an ID request form for their first PolyCard.

*Government ID Requirement*

  • Cal Poly requires government issued photo identification when obtaining a PolyCard ID.  See Examples below:
  • The name on government authorized ID cards must match the name in Cal Poly records (e.g. legal names only; no nicknames or preferred names)
  • We do not accept high school ID cards


             * Passport (USA or International)
             * State Issued Driver’s License (USA Only)
             * State Issued Identification Card (Non-driver, USA Only)
             * US Military ID

To replace a PolyCard






Related Content